The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country specific domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jobokoth, Apr 20, 2002.

1. jobokoth

jobokoth Member

Hi!

I am a newbie in web hosting. When registering my country-specific domain name (e.g www.domain.co.ke) and filling in the domain form, there's a space for primary and secondary name servers. The registrar refuses to register the domain saying these nameservers have to be on TWO different backbones. What shall I do coz most of my sites are in country specicfic domain name formats?

Thanks

Job

2. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Different backbones? I thought the germans were the most crazy (they require different C-zones).

Do you maybe mean C-zones? In this case you need IPs with a different 3rd number. For example: 11-11-123-xxx and 11-11-456-xxx

3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

those ****suckers must be doing a IP lookup to see where your primary and secondary nameservers are. I think this is stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!! find a new registrar !!! protest!!!!

4. jobokoth

jobokoth Member

Domain reg

The problem is that they are the assigned domain registrars for our country (Kenya), so its impossible to registar anywhere else.

Job