The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courier, courier-auth and custom usernames

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by micho101, Apr 27, 2009.

1. micho101

micho101 Member

Hello,

I need to move around 800 email accounts to our new cPanel server with Courier daemon. Problem is, the old pop3/imap username format is not in form user@domain.tld. Changing usernames and notifying computer illiterate users would be a time and nerve intensive work.

So, I've come to an idea to simply somehow map old usernames to email accounts. Example map file:

customuser123 user123@domain.tld

Only thing needed now is to somehow tell Courier, which old username maps to which new and authenticate against new.

I see a custom compiled perl binary called /usr/local/cpanel/bin/courier-auth, which does the work of authenticating, it's called by authdaemond.

Is it possible to make a wrapper around this compiled binary, to pass the rewritten username to it? Is the source available? I could then add the functionality directly.

Thanks for any tips or info!

2. micho101

micho101 Member

So, I've written a wrapper bash script, needs some more debugging, but looks good!