The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

courier does not support SORT & THREAD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tawfiq, Oct 29, 2005.

1. tawfiq

tawfiq Active Member

i am running a custom server wide squirrelmail installation, after converting to maildir i noticed that squirrelmail can no longer use server-side SORT and THREAD and spits out errors that the IMAPI server does not support these features.

whats really wierd is that if i telnet to my server on 143, in the greeting it clearly supports SORT and THREAD:

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT Q
    UOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc. S
    ee COPYING for distribution information.

anybody got a clue as to whats going on here? does cpanel courier support server-side SORT & THREAD or no?

and if not, anyway to enable those features in cpanel courier? as it really makes a big difference in performance with large mailboxes... plus they used to work on uw-imap

2. tawfiq

tawfiq Active Member

any ideas ?

3. sysnop

sysnop Member

Have you enabled sorting and threading in Squirrelmail's config.php file?

4. tawfiq

tawfiq Active Member

FIXED: turns out the problem was that the charset was set to Windows-1256 in Squirrelmail, and courier-imap does not support that charset while doing THREAD or SORT commands.