The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CP 11 looks nice, but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortekai, May 6, 2007.

1. Mortekai

Mortekai Member

I toyed around the demo a bit and liked what I saw, especially the language and layout selectors, but I was a bit puzzled about the fact that despite everything there is still no header/footer/wrapper option to wrap the cpanel into an existing design? Seems to have been an easy thing to add, but for some reason that very useful feature to really customize cpanel seem to be missing?

Is there a reason for that, or is it just not a desired feature at this point for some reason?

2. Mortekai

Mortekai Member

Guess not :)

3. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

Mortekai:

Unfortunately is not available on the current build.

Nevertheless, our developers are always welcoming enhancement requests.

Feel free to submit one at bugzilla.cpanel.net

:)

4. cpanelgermain

cpanelgermain Member

5. Mortekai

Mortekai Member

cpanelgermain, the functions I saw was to change just the branding images which when used with the CSS can make nice changes, but it is limited if you wish to merge the layout with an existing design, especially if the design you wish to blend with contain tables as that is impossible to implement.

So it would be nice to have a header.tpl and footer.tpl, or why not a wrapper file where the different areas of the cpanel are added in tag form so you can move things around as you like, but still not poke the actual cpanel code. It would allow for a whole lot more ways to modify the Cpanel for its users (and make life easier for us designers ;)).