The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cP 11 new filters bouncing spam not rejecting?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cgarvey, Jun 7, 2007.

1. cgarvey

cgarvey Member

Howdy,

I have "Reject mail at smtp time if the spam score from spamassassin is greater then 10.0." checked in my Exim options, and have unchecked the 2 verify senders (non RFC compliant, and not reliable). The rest of the options are the default.

The problem is that rather than rejecting the mail at SMTP time (as the option implies), it simply bounces it (new mail on queue to the 'from' address, which is most likely to be forged anyway). I assume this is either a cPanel bug, or just a corrupt config in my individual case. Either way, has anyone experienced this problem or, better still, come up with a workaround ACL?

If this feature is working as expected, then the title is grossly misleading, and the feature only adds to the spam problem, not solve it. That is why I assume it's a bug, if it's not just me.

WHM 11.1.0 / cPanel 11.4.1-C13361. Other details on request, and thanks in advance for any help/pointers.

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That is the conclusion that I came to when I tested cPanel 11 a couple of weeks ago. I thought maybe that had since changed it, I don't have a test server that I can test cPanel 11 on any more.

I really would not advise using any of the "Reject mail ... spamassassin" options in the Exim Configuration editor in the WHM with cPanel 11. Because like you said, what it is really doing is accepting a message, determining if the message is spam, and if it is, it is then throwing a message back to the sender, meaning that your server is sending out a message. This is different from the way a mail server just flat out rejects a message, such as when you have the default box set to :fail:

3. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

This was solved in last nights build.

4. cgarvey

cgarvey Member

Oh great, thanks for the reply. Can I just ask when that should be made available in the CURRENT tree, or is there a page (or forum thread) I can find that out? The CHANGELOG site is weeks old.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind I see the new ACL/Filter section of Exim conf in in WHM 11.1.0 cPanel 11.4.6-C13580 / WHM X v3.1.0. Cheers.

#4 cgarvey, Jun 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2007