The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CP 11 - SpamAssassin bouncing virus emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mtindor, Jul 16, 2007.

1. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Running Cpanel 11...

In WHM/Exim Configuration Editor I do not see any option to enable/disable the bouncing of virus emails.

PROBLEM: When virus emails come in and a virus is detected, Cpanel is bouncing back the full original email (including the virus) to the sender. This should not be happening.

I thought that virus-infected emails were going to be rejected during SMTP. And if they are being rejected during SMTP, why in the world is Cpanel sending messages back to the sender (99% of the time forged/fictitious, especially with viruses) and including the original virus-infected message?

Am I missing something?

Mike

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Nevermind, for now at least. It looks like my Exim Configuration Editor isn't currently showing all of the options - I don't have the ability to 'see' anything in the Filters section of Exim Configuration editor. So I'm thinking there is an underlying problem with me not seeing the Filter section that may also be causing my problem with bouncing of virus messages.

Mike