The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CP End User - Dealing with Spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doni49, Feb 24, 2007.

1. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

I'm a user of a hosted web account with CPanel access.

I asked my host how to train SpamAsassin to recognize SPAM/HAM. And I got the following response from them.
    But I have two issues 1) I don't seem to have access to the folder/files they've specified. 2) SA seems to be something that the HOST needs to configure--not me. Am I reading this correctly?

If so, is there anything that I as the end-user can do to improve spam handling for my domain?

And YES--I have used the search. If it's out there, I'm not using the right search parameters.

Thanks.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention--this is a virtual hosting account.

#1 doni49, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  2. jenlepp

jenlepp Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Any file or directory with a dot (.) in front of it may be hidden from your view when you are simply looking at it in an FTP program depending on how your client is configured. If you have shell access, you can go to your home directory and ls -a to see it, or if you are using an FTP program, simply change to /home/username/.spamassassin and you should land in it.

If you go to File Manager in Cpanel, it will display hidden directories as well, and you should have several of them (directories with a . in front of the name). If you see several, but don't see .spamassassin, I'd cut and paste the list and let your host know that it doesn't appear - but it should be there.

3. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

Thanks Drak!

That makes sense.