The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CP Probelms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riskychris, Dec 17, 2004.

1. riskychris

riskychris Registered

Hello, I am going to paste the CS ticket I sent to acehost about not being able to log into CPanel. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your help on my last post. Everything was fine I just had to wait for the dns thing to clear.

thanks in advance

CD

Hello I read the knowledge base about this probelm and I did all the fixes you advised. Everytime I try to get to the cpanel I get a windows SECURITY ALERT which says: INformation you exchange with this site cannot be viewed blah blah, but there is a probelm with the sites security certicate.
    Check mark--The sec cert is from a trusted cert auth
    check mark-- The sec cert date is vaild
    EXCALMATION Point-- The name on the sec cert is invaild or doesnot match the name of the site.

at this point it asks if I want to continue if I hit yes it just goes to the cannot find page screen, if I hit NO it does the same, if I pick to view the cert it shows the cert info. I restarted my computer 20times and played with the windows sec. settings but cant get this to work. Everything els eis fine with the unloading and everything but I cant mange the site if I cant get to the Cpanel =/. I would appreciate so help resolving this issue. I use Comcast cable internet and they dont block anything I was told.

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

You can likely fix this by going to http://servername.domain.com/cpanel and logging in there... replace the domain name with the hostname of the server that you're on.

Your host can also solve this issue by using a new option in cpanel to redirect to the server's secure hostname when accessing a secure url. Unless you buy a secure certificate for your domain name, you'll get the cert doesn't match domain error.

3. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

You can access your Cpanel directly without the SSL cert also with

http://www.domain.com:2082

If the previous or the 2082 option still results in a blank page you will need to have your Host fix the problem, there may be a problem with their Cpanel setup.