CP11: Spam Assassin Different?

dwykofka

Aug 6, 2003
I have some users complaining that advanced configuration options have disappeared. They started getting loads of spam 30 minutes after we upgraded to CP11 and there isn't a good way for them to tweak the settings like there was in the old system.

Also it seems that instead of giving a score breakdown and including the original email as an attachment they just get the subject line rewritten to ****SPAM****.

Is there anything I should look at in order to restore some of the control that they had before?

EdP

Dec 19, 2006
Buckinghamshire, UK
As far as I can tell (and there seems to be very little documentation on the changes), if you want the old behaviour you need to tick, in WHM -> Exim Configuration Editor:

Use the old transport based spamassassin system instead of the new acl style one.

Also, in my case (confirmed by cPanel) there was a problem with permissions on the .spamassassin directory and its files. I have had to manual change the directory permissions (in all accounts) to 0770 and the auto-whitelist and user_prefs files to 0664.

Ed