Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CP11: Spam Assassin Different?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dwykofka, Jun 29, 2007.

1. dwykofka

dwykofka Well-Known Member

I have some users complaining that advanced configuration options have disappeared. They started getting loads of spam 30 minutes after we upgraded to CP11 and there isn't a good way for them to tweak the settings like there was in the old system.

Also it seems that instead of giving a score breakdown and including the original email as an attachment they just get the subject line rewritten to ****SPAM****.

Is there anything I should look at in order to restore some of the control that they had before?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You probably have an acl conflict.

Reset your exim config in whm and then restart exim.

3. EdP

EdP Member

As far as I can tell (and there seems to be very little documentation on the changes), if you want the old behaviour you need to tick, in WHM -> Exim Configuration Editor:

Use the old transport based spamassassin system instead of the new acl style one.

Also, in my case (confirmed by cPanel) there was a problem with permissions on the .spamassassin directory and its files. I have had to manual change the directory permissions (in all accounts) to 0770 and the auto-whitelist and user_prefs files to 0664.

Ed