The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPAddon Scripts Client Install Manager failed to force update

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by d_t, May 3, 2008.

1. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

I tried to upgrade Coppermine for a client to the latest version using "cPAddon Scripts Client Install Manager" from WHM. I received the following message:

I copy-paste the loong text in the small input field below and after submit, nothing happened - it returned to first page of installer manager.

No error in cPanel error_log,
    WHM 11.20.0 cPanel 11.22.2-C23870
    CENTOS Enterprise 5 x86_64 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

2. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

few more bugs in cPAddon

1. There is a bug in cPaddon interface, at password generator. Because there is only one password field ("Admin Pass:") and password generator pop-up requires 2, it display a javascript error.

2. Another problem in cPaddon: I tried to create an add-on based on your docs. I tried to add some perl code that use LWP::Simple but cpaddon cannot load the library:

Code:
    (internal death while parsing ./frontend/x3/addoncgi/cpaddons.html) Mon May  5 17:56:23 2008 [30933] error: Can't locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons /usr/local/cpanel/perl /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CPAN/overload/__Digest /usr/local/cpanel/build-tools/stubs /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.2/x86_64-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) 
    I have perl 5.8.8 (why it's not included in the @INC above?) and LWP::Simple installed.

3. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Please submit a ticket: ATTN: Dan referencing this forum thread. thanks!

4. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

#1: should be resolved shortly

#2: its not your system's perl so @INC is not relevant