The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPAddon Scripts manager doesn't find previous installs?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by stormy, Jun 12, 2006.

1. stormy

stormy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've just discovered the new cPAddon Scripts manager. However, it lists no installs at all - is this normal? It should find all previous installs so they can be updated when needed.

2. tmvnews

tmvnews Well-Known Member

If you are using X skin you can login as a client and go to the new cpaddons section you should see a link that says if you want to upgrade your old installs. This can only done within the client panel as far as I am aware at this time.

I hope that helps

Thanks
    William Wilson

3. stormy

stormy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I haven't found a way to upgrade old installs even from the customer's Cpanel. Any idea?

4. stormy

stormy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Oops - I found the link, thanks!

Next problem: after converting to the new Addon format, the upgrade to phpBB 2.0.21 fails :mad:

5. richy

richy Well-Known Member

You can do it a user at a time as root:

/scripts/oldaddoncgi2cpaddon username

6. aarmstrong

aarmstrong Member

I am trying to upgrade all of my old addons to the new addon model. Some of them work fine using the methods in this thread but I am getting this when I try and update phpBB.

Starting phpBB ...
    Skipping forum since its not version 2.0.19
    ./.addonscgi-phpBB not removed since there was some installs that did not get fixed up right. at /scripts/oldaddoncgi2cpaddon line 129.

If I can't convert them to the new model I cannot update them it seems. Any suggestions? Is this a bug that I should submit? I have a about 50 or so forums to update and I do not feel that removing all the old ones and reloading them is a viable solution. All help is greatly appreciated.

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You have to upgrade thhem to the latest version of the deprecated system first using WHM > Addons > Addon Script Manager. Then you should be able to convert them to cPAddons and then upgrade them to the latest version that that supports.

8. aarmstrong

aarmstrong Member

Thanks! I have already tried doing what you suggested to no avail. See the screenshots to show you where I am grinding to a halt. It has the current version as 2.0.17 and not 2.0.19. Any suggestions on how I can make the old deprecated system upgrade it's installer to version 2.0.19. I tried WHM -> Cpanel -> Addon Scripts (Deprecated) to no avail. It shows 2.0.19 as the current version but it does not seem to be updating it. Is there something in the /scripts folder I can run to force this to update?

Attached Files:

9. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I've had a similar problem on all but EDGE builds, actually. Looks like a bug in cPAddons, which is a pain.

10. aarmstrong

aarmstrong Member

The solution I found was to uninstall the phpBB addon in WHM -> Cpanel -> Addon Scripts (Deprecated) and then reinstall it. Once I did this I had the correct version and was able to upgrade them all to the new cpaddons module.