The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CpAddons installs failing ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyjimbo, May 17, 2006.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

It seems whenever I get a request for an addon from someone like for Agora or OSCommerce and I process it a box pops up and I only get one or two lines

"Protecting admin..."

or

"Protecting protected"

and thats it. If I go to the file structure I see alot of files but when I try to access the application like OS Commerce I get an error like :

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host '[% mysql.osc.sqlhost %]' (1) in /home/whateveruser/public_html/osc/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
    Unable to connect to database server!"

I have no idea where it is failing or what I can do to fix or repair it.

I am running Freebsd and cPanel 10.8.2-R83

:(

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the same thing trying to install oscommerce. I assume it has something to do with register_globals again... anyone?

3. Wallaby

Wallaby Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing with OSCommerce on a moderated install: click Install in WHM and up pops a Window which just says

Protecting admin..

and nothing more happens. It seems the installer is not creating the database for OSCommerce.

Anyone got any ideas?

4. nottheusual1

nottheusual1 Active Member

Don't install OSC via the WHM control panel. There is no support for it from OSC or CPANEL. I tried for a week to get it to work right and by that time I could have installed it manually 50 times. Others may not agree, but it isn't worth the time to figure it out.

Standard installs (manually, for lack of a better term) work flawlessly. We have over 20 OSC installations running on 5 CPANEL servers. And that way, you can also make sure the install is secure, correct, and optimized for your particular machines.

5. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Which makes me wonder, once again, WTF it's doing in cPanel if it doesn't work. :rolleyes: