The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpaddons moderation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yools Design, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Yools Design

Yools Design Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear,

Currently; each time a user installs an addon (like wordpress) I need to moderate this as root user. I however do not want to moderate this. I have been looking on how to disable cpaddons (the most valuable info was at Tweak Settings I followed the instructions (i believe) but it is not working for me; users still need to submit a request; I attached my current settings. Can anyone tell me what is not set correctly?

Thanks in advance!

config.JPG

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Moderate, or are you being alerted only? What exactly does the email say? (edit the real domain names out of course)

I'm not sure I agree with all your settings.

Source updates? We want the newest updates available.
    Notify that those updates are available? Yes we want to know that too I think.

3. Yools Design

Yools Design Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear,

With the current settings, when I go in a cPanel user, and go to 'site software', I am required to fill in all data to create a wordpress blog. Once written all info (username, dbname etc), it goes to a next screen, which says: Installs for cPanel::Blogs::WordPress are being moderated. You will need to request approval below: The email says cPAddons Site Software request cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.0.yaml - Installed

As for your comments, I fully agree with you infopro. I just turned off everything in the hope this would solve my problem.

I hope this info helps??

I am in any case not seeing where it goes wrong in turning off moderation

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Me either, we're missing something I think. Here are my settings from Tweak Settings. Set like this, I just installed a Wordpress without issue, warning or any emails.

cPSSsttngs.png

5. Yools Design

Yools Design Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks! - I have copied your settings (with my email); I will wait for 48h (as it sats it might take this long). Though atm it didnt change anything. If not, I guess I should check with the hosting company, though they dont have cpanel support..