nickp666

Jan 28, 2005
/dev/null
I would like to take a moment to complain about the f*****g pathetic documentation for cpAddons creation, I have never seen such an uninformative and unorganised set of documentation.

I am interested in creating some cpAddon scripts for some popular open source software, some internal projects and some updated ones for scripts that are already in the cpAddons system that are out of date.

I read the cpaddons documentation at: http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpaddons/

yet I am still none the wiser of what I am actually supposed to do to create the necessary files and install procedure, even given the example module that is displayed there, whoever wrote the documentation neglected to even mention that the file needs to be called addon.pm

does someone have an example package, or even some documentation that actually makes sense?

TIA

xrserver

Jan 18, 2008
"I would like to take a moment to complain about the f*****g pathetic documentation for cpAddons creation, I have never seen such an uninformative and unorganised set of documentation."

If your asking for help that is a poor way to start.

lazzymonk

Feb 1, 2008
i have to agree. the people who post on these forums know a lot and are very helpful. but cpanel them selves suck when it comes to documenting how to use the apis and what not.

ive spent days trying to find a list of api1 functions but have been totaly unsuccesfull.

cidadecyber

Registered
Apr 7, 2008
I would have to agree

I would have to agree information is not given freely by the staff

I am desperate to put together an addon but without 6 degrees and 5 certifications its likely impossible, given the information available.

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I would have to agree information is not given freely by the staff

I am desperate to put together an addon but without 6 degrees and 5 certifications its likely impossible, given the information available.
What are your specific complaints? What would you like to see in the cPAddons documentation?

rack::SPEED

PartnerNOC
Jul 2, 2008
Germany => NRW => Düsseldorf
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Full ack. - Setting up working directory and build the tar archive is very easy. But how to deploy it? I tried manual and sync server solutions over hours without any result.

I'm looking for some tipps. - Thanks!

fergaquantum

Registered
Oct 4, 2008
Im not agree

Fellows,
Please remember that this is ONLY A FORUM. This is not a support center. If you need some specific help about your cpanel copy, do the same i have done. Just open a support ticket in "contact cpanel" section inside whm.
Try to find the helpfull info where the rigthway is.