The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpane basic setup DNS settings Please Help

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by simon26r, Mar 19, 2011.

1. simon26r

simon26r Registered

Hi, I have a VPS with cpanel on and have been given a ip address,
    I have added my domain name to the server but do not show up on the web..
    I have been told by my hosting company that I need to set my domain names to the server

This is what I thought I had to do was just change the dns settings to the nameservers at the hosting company but they want 12 euros per name and I have 30...

They have told me that I need to run a basic cpanel & whm setup and enter my new nameservers of my registra..
    Is this correct?

my domain names are with 123-reg,co,uk
    so do I have to enter ns1.123-reg.co.uk and ns2 as this dose not sound like the thing to do..

I also thought I could just change the A records at 123-reg.co.uk to point to my server IP address... would this work??

Any help would be great

Thank you

Simon

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi Simon,

If you could purchase 1 additional IP for your VPS and you have a total of two, you can simply register your private name servers at your registrar against the two IPs and use those name servers for all your domains. The main advantage would be automation of DNS records for any hosting change and you won't have to manually update DNS records at your registrar each time you add a subdomain/addon or update any other DNS records.