Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

In Progress [CPANEL-10159] Email Delivery Route is both deprecated and required.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by rpvw, Sep 13, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

1. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    v74.0.6 with everything server side patched up-to-date

The cPanel Track Delivery seems to work in that I can see all the mails in and out and the Delivery Report table and all it's colums and filters seems to work fine.

What I can't see is anything in the Email Address Trace.
    Screenshot-2018-9-13 cPanel - Track Delivery.png I have followed the instruction in the docs, and entered the recipient email address in the search box and clicked Run Report, and then clicked on the Show All to refresh the results and populate the Email Server Trace diagram...... All it ever shows is an icon that rather looks like a dog ate the homework !

Eximstats is enabled in the Service Manager and Email Trace is enabled in the Feature lists, and is NOT disabled in the 'disabled' list.

I am looking at this from Firefox 60.1.0esr (64-bit) running on KDE on a Cento6 box (everything fully up-to-date)

I have also tried using Firefox 62.0 (64-bit) running on Windows 10 (everything fully up-to-date) and with Chrome 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build)(64-bit) also on Windows 10 .......with the same results each time.

Am I missing some setting or trick, or it this a 'work in progress' ?

***UPDATE***

I was indeed missing something........

For this to work, it looks like one has to have enabled the Email Delivery Route which is marked as Depreciated, so I had disabled it in the 'disabled' feature list.

Now why half of this feature still appears in the cPanel interface when it has been disabled in the feature lists is probably just a coding over-site.

Perhaps this could be passed along to the relevant coding team (together with doughnuts and coffee and whatever else they need to get through the day)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 rpvw, Sep 13, 2018 at 10:36 AM
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 10:50 AM
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @rpvw,

I see your point. It's confusing that a deprecated feature (Email Delivery Route) must be enabled in order for other non-deprecated features to work as expected. Internal case CPANEL-10159 is open to address this issue. I've linked this forums thread to the case, and will provide updates as new information becomes available.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...