The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel 11.25 Cannot Change cPanel Password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rlshosting, Nov 16, 2009.

1. rlshosting

rlshosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I cannot change any cPanel Password so I had to change back to 11.24 and its fixed now. It does not give a reason why the password could be changed either. I just want some suggestions on what to do on the 11.25 build or if this has been noticed?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    To better diagnose and troubleshoot the issue it will help to know the following additional details about the circumstances involved:

1.) What was the resulting output displayed when attempting to change an account password?
    2.) Was the password change attempted via WHM or via cPanel?
    3.) If via WHM, was the action performed while logged-in as "root" or while logged-in as a reseller?
    4.) If via cPanel, was the action performed while logged-in as the end-user or was the cPanel log-in performed via the List Accounts page in WHM?
    5.) What method was used to test the success or resulting status of the password change?
    6.) What was the build tree used for cPanel 11.25 (e.g., CURRENT, EDGE), and if possible, what was the full cPanel version number of the installed build? It may be possible to locate the earlier version number from the cPanel update logs within the following directory:
    Code:
    /var/cpanel/updatelogs
    7.) If the issue reoccurs or persists, it will help to know if the action triggers any logged messages in the cPanel error_log, as seen via the following command to monitor for new log output (while at the same time re-attempting the change of an account password):
    Code:
    # tail -fvn0 /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

#2 cPanelDon, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. rlshosting

rlshosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'll test this on a server without clients. I can ask some of these questions but I would prefer to do it on a test server.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Do what exactly on a test server if I may ask?

cPanelDon has only asked questions you should already know the answer to, and he's asked you to tail a logfile. That's it, no test server needed. Just try to change the password again and take some notes if needed.