The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel 11.25

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rlshosting, Nov 3, 2009.

1. rlshosting

rlshosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When is this coming out for the release builds? Thanks.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    There is no ETA available; each new version will be made available after it has fully passed extensive Quality Assurance testing. There is good reason for having different build trees, (i.e., STABLE, RELEASE, CURRENT, EDGE, BETA), and the essential, gradual release of new versions into each build tree; having a gradual, staged release process helps immensely with ensuring a quality product that works for everyone with the least difficulty.

To help keep abreast of new builds and major release I would like to suggest considering the following resources:

We have an official news mailing list where you can find out the latest new developments in upcoming cPanel/WHM versions; it is free to subscribe at either of the following two addresses:
    News - cPanel Inc.
    cPanel - The Leading Control Panel

We also have a special mailing list that sends out an e-mail when new builds are updated; this would be a great and near-immediate way to find out as soon as possible. If you would like to subscribe you may do so for free at the following web site URL:
    Releases Info Page

Adding to the above, you may also reference our official change-log for the latest updates and developments, as well as checking if you have the latest builds using the following two links:
    cPanel - The Leading Control Panel - Change Log
    Downloads (#Builds) - cPanel Inc.

As cPanel v11.25 nears closer to availability in RELEASE and STABLE you could use the above to keep informed as best as possible. In the meantime the current solution I can recommend is to allow additional time until the new version is in the desired build trees.

3. rlshosting

rlshosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is 11.24 insecure? I think that 11.25 should be pushed closer in the release and stable builds. Is the beta build only for 11.25? I do not see it in 11.24.

Security is a very big concern for me and my clients.

4. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    We understand the importance of security, and for this reason there are additional security-related features and enhancements in cPanel version 11.25 that make it easier to improve and better secure your server's configuration. cPanel version 11.25 builds upon prior improvements; specifically, it builds upon the existing set of several security features in cPanel version 11.24 that allow you to have a system operating securely based upon how it is configured.

It is the responsibility of the Systems Administrations team that operates the server to configure and actually use the available security features and protective functionality; this Administrative setup should be standard practice when deploying and provisioning new servers. It is up to the business or organization that manages the server to decide if they want to use the available security features; for this reason, it is dependent upon their actions if the server could be described as "secure" or "insecure"; to reiterate, there is nothing inherent in the latest builds (of 11.24 and 11.25) that immediately classifies one way or the other because it is dependent upon the actions and policy decisions of the people managing and configuring the system.

If you would like to use cPanel version 11.25.0, it is already available in both the latest CURRENT and EDGE builds; at the time of writing the BETA is a newer, upcoming revision, version 11.25.1, as seen from the builds information on the downloads site linked below and also in my earlier message:
    Downloads (#Builds) - cPanel Inc.

5. sharmaine001

sharmaine001 Well-Known Member

Is 11.25 still in current build? when will it be pushed to release and/or stable builds?

6. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    There is no ETA available. Please note that the version information of each build tree is located here: http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/#builds

7. winger

winger Member

any idea when cPanel 11.25 will hit STABLE or RELEASE status?

8. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I do not have an exact time frame available; however, I can say that cPanel 11.25 for RELEASE is expected soon. It is too early to know an approximation for STABLE as it first depends upon following the availability in RELEASE.

9. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Important cPanel/WHM Version Number Designation Change

Please Note: Important cPanel/WHM Version Number Designation Change

As of July 28, 2010 the cPanel/WHM version number designations have been officially changed.

Version 11.25.1 is now designated 11.28 and version 11.25.2 is now designated 11.30.

These new changes were explained in some detail recently at the July 2010 - Quarterly Road map - Webinar direct from cPanel's PodCast Studio in Houston, Texas with speakers David Grega and Mario Rodriguez.

An official press release about these changes is forthcoming and can be accessed at this link as soon as it's made available to the Forum Team:
    Important cPanel/WHM Version Number Designation Change (To be updated)

This post serves to update users who are subscribed to threads (where this message is posted) looking forward to upcoming enhancements in future versions of cPanel.