The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel 11.28.80-CURRENT_51159

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by debug, Feb 9, 2011.

1. debug

debug Member

Hi,

My CSF Firewall is showing my current version is 11.28.77-CURRENT_51152 and I should consider upgrading to the latest available 11.28.80-CURRENT_51159 to ensure bugs and security patches are up to date.

What about this version ? Changes ? Improvements ?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In your WHM, at top of page click "Changelog".

3. LAZer

LAZer Well-Known Member

hi , regarding this question , i have a problem with cpanel upgrades.
    i use release builds , cpanel upgrades is in crontab and is upgrading time to time automatically. but the version donot change . for example there was a month that cpanel version got up to 11.28.76 but my cpanel stayed at 11.28.64 . and manuall upgrades , even upgrading cpanel from root ssh , using /scripts/upcp , didnt change the cpanel version.

for example now my cpanel is 11.28.76 and current is 11.28.80 , when i do the upgrade , it shows ok for every part that is upgraded , it shows 100% upgrade completed . but still even after restarting cpanel using
    service cpanel restart and relogining to the whm
    the version donot change to 11.28.80 , what should i do ? does this mean that my server donot upgrade the packages or features or simply only the version is not changing ?
    what else should i do to stay with the latest upgrades ?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    How cPanel is versioned and the different changelogs entries and more can be found at this link:
    Change Logs

CURRENT is updated more often than RELEASE, cpupdate will still run even if your RELEASE is fully up to date.

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello LAZer,

I also wanted to mention that you can see the tier versions at this location:

Downloads - cPanel Inc.

As Infopro mentioned, RELEASE is at 11.28.76-RELEASE_51149 right now. If you wanted to be on 11.28.80-CURRENT_51159 instead, you'd need to change to the CURRENT tier instead. That can be done in WHM > Update Preferences area by switching to "CURRENT Builds (Automatic)" option, then clicking the "Save" button.

Please note that CURRENT 11.28.80 build is more recent and has less production testing over RELEASE 11.28.76, so you may well not want to change to CURRENT for a production machine.

Thanks!

6. LAZer

LAZer Well-Known Member

thanks you both for detailed information. :X so the release is more safe and more tested than current version and i have found the latest release in the second link that still is 11.28.76 . so my upcp is functioning correctly. problem solved. thank you.