The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel 11.30.4.6 and FFMPEG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian Robinson, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am a video host site administrator and we recently have had FFMPEG break on Cpanel 11.30.4.6 we have spent a greater part of the day trying to get this to install but to no avail it fails to install compleatle and we need this to run our site. It seems since the newer versions of Cpanel have came out getting any sort of auto installer script to install FFMPEG for us just fails. Can anyone Give any advice? This is really annoying. The main problems we run into quite often is a failure of Mplayer or FFMPEG. We do realize these are 3rd party softwares but there is something with cpanel that just does not allow us to install the FFMPEG in it's entirety. Can any one assist? Would be greatly appreciated.

Server OS:Centos 5.x
    Panel : CPANEL 11.30.4.6

Brian
    Server Administrator

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If your auto installer does not work, you need to address that with the auto installer people.

When you use 3rd party addons its important I think, to check with them before updating your cPanel. They need to keep up with cPanel development and update the addon. If they don't, its not a cPanel issue, its an issue with the addon.

3. Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Thank you for that advice. I have gone the manual route of even trying to install Mplayer on my Cpanel machine and it just fails still no matter what I do I can't get the ffmpeg and mplayer to install properly, it fails everytime. Thus why I think cpanel has issues with this. Even my partner whom I help run support chat with is having this issue. However I'm trying an alternative but I would love to be able to have cpanel back as my control panel. I've tried this on two different machines.

Thank You,

Brian:D

4. cwalke32477

cwalke32477 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I, myself, have had no luck getting any ffmpeg autoinstaller or manual installation to work with the new versions of cpanel.
    I have spent weeks trying to figure out a solution.

5. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I haven't tried the auto-installer ever.

But please would you give a go using the following URL?

/http://techsware.in/index.php/2011/10/ffmpeg-installation-on-a-cpanel-centos-server/

Thank you,
    Nibin.

6. phez

phez Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The above Tutorial link from Nibin does not work for CentOS Cpanel v5.8 on 64bit "as is". You will encounter an error when installing subversion

" --> Missing Dependency: perl(URI) >= 1.17 is needed by package subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.3.x86_64 (updates)"

To resolve this issue, you must remove the "perl*" exclusion as per the following:

"You could temporarily remove perl from the /etc/yum.conf exclude line, install subversion, then add perl back to the /etc/yum.conf exclude line after you've gotten subversion installed.

Right now, you cannot get a newer version of perl-URI due to the exclusion cPanel adds for perl, so it won't grab the version needed by subversion to install."

I used "pico yum.conf" to edit and remove the "perl*" exclusion, installed SVN and then re-added the "perl*" to the yum.conf file.

Also, OGG is missing dependencies e.g.

sudo yum install libogg
    sudo yum install libogg-devel
    sudo yum install libtheora
    sudo yum install libtheora-devel

There is also a typo in section 8 when installing x264 codec, it should be

./configure -–enable-shared

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

The above Tutorial link from Nibin does not work for CentOS Cpanel v5.8 on 64bit "as is". You will encounter an error when installing subversion

" --> Missing Dependency: perl(URI) >= 1.17 is needed by package subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.3.x86_64 (updates)"

To resolve this issue, you must remove the "perl*" exclusion as per the following:

"You could temporarily remove perl from the /etc/yum.conf exclude line, install subversion, then add perl back to the /etc/yum.conf exclude line after you've gotten subversion installed.

Right now, you cannot get a newer version of perl-URI due to the exclusion cPanel adds for perl, so it won't grab the version needed by subversion to install."

I used "pico yum.conf" to edit and remove the "perl*" exclusion, installed SVN and then re-added the "perl*" to the yum.conf file.

Also, OGG is missing dependencies e.g.

sudo yum install libogg
    sudo yum install libogg-devel
    sudo yum install libtheora
    sudo yum install libtheora-devel

There is also a typo in section 8 when installing x264 codec, it should be

./configure -–enable-shared