The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Upgrade has Caused MySQL to randomly hang and won't restart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xposebrant, Feb 16, 2015.

1. xposebrant

xposebrant Registered

Jun 22, 2011
    A few days ago WHM was upgraded to WHM As soon as the upgrade took place, I noticed that mysqld was running but no longer responding. This has never happened until I upgraded to

I read a blog post about this exact issue /, but it is marked as fixed in build 11.

`service mysql restart` does not work because mysqld cannot be shutdown in this state. Restart MySQL inside WHM will not work either. There is no way to stop mysqld unless I kill the process - which is terrible because tables can get corrupted.

Has anyone experienced this before? This keeps randomly happening and I have no idea how to fix it. I tried to force cPanel to update again, but that hasn't fixed it either.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

What output do you see in the MySQL error log (/var/lib/mysql/$hostname.err) when attempting to start MySQL? Note that since a service is down, you may want to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can address the issue more quickly. You can post the ticket number here if you choose to do that.

Thank you.