The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel 11 and CentOS 5 x64

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fairlylarge, Aug 3, 2007.

1. fairlylarge

fairlylarge Member

I'm currently installing CPanel 11 on CentOS 5 x64 and I'm concerned about the number of errors I'm seeing in the logs and on the console whilst the install 'script' uses yum to install packages.

Specifically it seems that no architecture is being specified when performing the yum install and so i386 and x64_86 packages are attemped to be installed and thus have conflicts (same files in both RPMs, etc)

Is this anything I should be concerned about or does everything come out in the wash eventually at the end?

2. fairlylarge

fairlylarge Member

I think I've got everything working now.

I manually went through the install logs and where there were conflicts stopping the RPMs from installing due to the conflict between i386 and x86_64 packages, I proceeded to manually install the packages listed but actually specifying .x86_64 at the end of each package.

I then reran the installation wizard and it seems to get a bit further. I then run /scripts/easyapache and /scripts/courierup and installed any leftover RPMs required and they are now running fine.

Everybody else seemed to get CPanel installed on CentOS5 (and x86_64 it seems) just fine, is it just me missing something?

3. rachweb

rachweb Well-Known Member

You can installed without problems. I have installed 2 months ago and it is still running.

4. fairlylarge

fairlylarge Member

Maybe something has changed in the yum repo perhaps.

I've got cpanel running (although I'm pretty unsure about it!) - but the issue was when the installer was attempting to yum install packages, dependencies and what not were tripping it up. Specifically one of the messages that repeatedly displayed was:

file /usr/share/man/man1/asn1parse.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.8 conflicts with file from package
    openssl-0.9.7a-43.8
    file /usr/share/man/man1/nseq.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.8 conflicts with file from package
    openssl-0.9.7a-43.8
    file /usr/share/man/man1/s_client.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.8 conflicts with file from package
    openssl-0.9.7a-43.8
    file /usr/share/man/man1/s_server.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.8 conflicts with file from package
    openssl-0.9.7a-43.8
    file /usr/share/man/man1/sslpasswd.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.8 conflicts with file from package
    openssl-0.9.7a-43.8

It seemed to be because the yum install would pickup the openssl i386 RPM as a dependency when there was the x86_64 one already installed - thus the conflict. It was only the document files in openssl i386 that had the conflict so I installed the openssl i386 with --nodocs

The installer then seemed a bit happier...

Any ideas?