The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel 11, Exim and routers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by amanella, Jun 19, 2007.

1. amanella

amanella Registered

Hi all,

I just upgraded to CPanel 11 (RELEASE). A customer called me this morning for he wasn't able to send emails. After some debug we discovered that the first of the addresses he was trying to contact had a non existent domain.
    Exim is doing something strange (at least different from before): when I try to send a message to a not registered domain I get en error 800CCC0B directly in Outlook and the mail remains unsent in the Out folder instead of receiving back a mail stating that the domain doesn't exist.
    If I send to a correct address Exim works fine.
    The error in Outlook doesn't help to understand you are sending a message to a wrong address.

From exim_mainlog I read at the same time I'm getting the error in Outlook:

2007-06-19 12:37:26 H=(XXXXXX) [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] F=<xxxxx@xxxxxx.net> rejected RCPT <test@cdsapoi.net>: The mail server could not deliver mail to test@cdsapoi.net. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

that is the fail_remote_domains router's answer. I'm not an Exim expert and I wasn't able to find any documentation on this router.

What do I have to change in Exim configuration to have the usual behaviour (mailer daemon informing the address is wrong)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrea

2. amanella

amanella Registered

CPanel11, Exim and routers - update

Hi all,

I made some more tests. If i send a message from Horde to a wrong address (ie cdsa@cdsacdsa.com) I receive the usual message

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

cdsa@cdsacdsa.com
    The mail server could not deliver mail to cdsa@cdsacdsa.com. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

If I try to send the same message from Outlook Express I receive a 800CCC0B error, the mail is rejected and obviously I dont receive any warning message. Autentication is turned on, the config file is almost clean (no significant changes). As I wrote if the address is correct the mail is accepted and sent.

Any Idea? Please help!!

3. DanBrewington

DanBrewington Registered

I am having the exact same problems suddenly out of the blue. Does any one have any suggestions?

Its not all email addresses. Some I can send to no problem and some i get the same message.:confused:

4. colet

colet Member

Hello,

A coworker of mine had mail delivery problems out of the blue over the weekend. Techsupport told him that cpanel 11 now adds domains to /etc/remotedomains instead of /etc/localdomains based on whether or not the MX record is remote. I'm not clear what is meant by remote MX. Not on localhost? At any rate, the fix was to manually move domain names from /etc/remotedomains to /etc/localdomains.

--
    Cole

5. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Be sure to make the adjustment in cpanel or whm's edit mx entries to prevent it from switching back.