The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel 11 - FTP Uploads SLOOOOWWW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jer2eydevil88, Jul 23, 2007.

1. jer2eydevil88

jer2eydevil88 Member

I rent a server from godaddy and they are useless with support for Cpanel.

My ftp uploads to the server are very slow, 5 - 10kbps whenever there is a large amount of files queued to be uploaded. When its a single file it starts slow but gains speed as the transfer proceeds.

I have tested the server from multiple computers, operating systems and ftp clients. The results are always the same.

One thing I should note is that after a reboot of my web server the FTP service has to be restarted before it lets anyone log in.

I have no idea where the logs are for the ftp server but if anyone can help me find them I will gladly post them.

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Are you doing simultaneous uploads, that is using a client that does multiple files at the same time?. Doing this will always slow the upload down, but it could also be that the ftp server is tweaked to not allow a flood or they could have some kind of traffic shaper.

3. jer2eydevil88

jer2eydevil88 Member

No I am only allowing one upload at a time, the speed increases if the file is large (say 100mb) to normal speeds of around 150kbps. Whenever there are a lot of small files (think uploading forum software) it takes hours.