The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel 11, New mail filters dont work?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by OoteR, Jun 13, 2007.

1. OoteR

OoteR Member

I've had no luck using WHM's Exim Configuration editor with

"Reject mail at SMTP time if the spam score from spamassassin is greater than 10.0."

Checked under ACL's and Filters.

Messages are still getting in that have scores far higher than a 10.0.

any ideas?

2. cev

cev Member

Hi

Did you ever edited the exim config in the advanced editor before?
    I had the problem as well that the checkboxes didn't had any effect.
    What I did was to save all my changes for my reference, then Reset Configuration in the exim configuration as well as in the advanced editor.
    After that set all the settings you want and then add the custom changes you still want.

This should work.

Rony

3. tbabble

tbabble Registered

New mail filters don't work!

I see the same problem and I have reset configuration (and never edited before anyway). What I did notice is that in the /etc/cpanel_exim_system_filter file, the condition to check for spam above a certain score seems to be off by a factor of 10:

if ($h_X-Spam-Score: matches \N^\d+$\N and $h_X-Spam-Score: is above 200)
    then
    fail text "The mail server detected your message as spam and has prevented delivery (200)."
    endif

I certainly see mail coming in with scores of more than 100, but so far have not seen them above 200. So, it looks like a bug in the config file to me. The question now is: can I edit the config in Advanced and lower the number manually? Will try it, but may not get back to this forum for a while...

4. cev

cev Member

The internal spam score is always factor 10 higher than the one that is afterwards displayed in the mail. So that's not the problem.
    I saw in the latest config editor that you can enable the spam score reject for filters or at acl level, try those two settings and play around.