The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel 11 & spamassassin all or nothing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by JIKOmetrix, Jul 6, 2007.

1. JIKOmetrix

JIKOmetrix Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have upgraded my server to cpanel 11 and I now get no SPAM. Let me qualify that. I do not get any email that appears to be looked by spamd with the status set to either yes or no in the headers. I opened a ticket with my provider and they told me that SPAM filtering was either on blocking spam or off.

I've some of the thread here about the subject re-write issue, but all or nothing does not seem right. is anyone else see this type of behavior? I'd like to filter the SPAM on the client side by either subject or status. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. JIKOmetrix

Hi,

After much hunting I checked the box at the bottom of the exim configuration to use the OLD spamassassin transport. The re-enabled subject rewrites and the flow of marked spam back into inboxes. Now I can check for false positives since all email is being delivered.

Mike

3. JIKOmetrix

Hi,

Since I've set exim to use the OLD spamassassin transport it has been flagging emails as SPAM that when it was set to the NEW ACL style it was not flagging. How odd. They are really SPAM it was not see it that way with the ACL style though.

Mike