The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel 11 - SpamAssassin ignoring user_prefs

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sparek-3, Jul 6, 2007.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is just a post to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

I seem to be having a problem where SpamAssassin is not reading a user's user_prefs file after updating to cPanel 11. Sometimes it does, then other times it does not.

For example, I have an account on a server running cPanel 11 and I have a lot of whitelist_subjects in the account's user_prefs file. If I send a known spam message with a whitelisted subject to an address on that account, sometimes the messages passes through without any problems, other times it gets flagged as spam. The same is also true if whitelist_from is used.

I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem.

I have a lot of modifications to the exim configuration in place, it might be something with some of those modifications. I need to reset the configuration to the default and run some tests. There's just no way of knowing if the user_prefs file is going to be read at any particular instance.

I'm just curious if anyone else has tested this or know if they are experiencing this same problem. If someone else is noticing the same behavior then this would seem to rule out the modifications I made as being the problem.