- Why is there a /home/user/.contactemail file?
- If I, or some script change the email address directly in that file, why does Contact Information page still show the "right/orig" email address?
- If the page shows one email address, and the file has a different email address, who gets the email notifications for the 11 email options on the page? The email address in the file, or the email address on the Contact Information page?
- Do you not see this file as a flaw? Or rather a security risk? Considering scripts seem to have access to it by default, I find this file rather mind boggling.
- If user follows common practice of moving the account to another server, what happens with the above facts? It would be amazing to learn that after move, if user does not hit the "Contact Information" page in cpanel account, that the email address in the file stays there reporting notifications and enables the recipient to do a password reset.