Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

[CPANEL-21486] Feature Showcase instructions imply there's always an "Enable" button

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swbrains, Jun 29, 2018.

1. swbrains

swbrains Well-Known Member

My cPanel/WHM recently displayed a Feature Showcase message about the new Terminal feature. It says I can select Enable next to the features I want to use, then click Save Settings. But I don't see an option for the Terminal feature. If I click Save Settings, am I enabling the new feature for my customers? screencapture_000587.png

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @swbrains,

In some cases, new features presented as part of the Feature Showcase are not features that must be enabled or disabled. In this case, both WHM's Terminal interface and cPanel's Terminal interface are enabled by default.

I've opened internal case CPANEL-21486 to suggest that we improve the Feature Showcase instructions to note that an "Enable" button is not always present for highlighted features in the Feature Showcase interface. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. swbrains

OK, thanks. So in this case, clicking Save Settings won't actually change anything, correct?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    That's correct. It simply ensures the Feature Showcase does not appear again the next time you open Web Host Manager (unless there's a new feature added to the showcase that you've not yet reviewed).

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. swbrains

Great -- Thanks!

cPanelMichael likes this.