Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Pending Publication [CPANEL-21873] Alt-php SCL causes unresolvable message about PHP-FPM to appear

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by thowden, May 16, 2018.

1. thowden

thowden Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi All

Using WHM / Cpanel / CloudLinux Centos v70.0.41. Updated last week to v70 and patched today to see if problem still existed.

MultiPHP Manager Page shows
    PHP-FPM is available for accounts using PHP 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2. To use PHP-FPM on accounts using PHP 4.4, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, and 7.0, you must install PHP-FPM for those PHP versions. To do so, perform the following steps below:
    1. Click Install to open EasyApache 4 in a new window....... (etc.)
    So I click 'Install' and that takes me to the EA4 install page
    Preparing selected packages for review …

There are no changes needed to provision based on the profile of your selection.

and the Provision button is greyed out. Checking the list of installed packages I can see all the versions like php72-php-fpm are installed.

Just to validate this, I have uninstalled the FPM packages via EA4 and then run through this process from the MultiPHP Manager, re-installing the -FPM packages, and trying again.

The MultiPHP Manager page still states that the FPM packages need to be installed.

Obviously something in the system is not detecting the FPM packages and this may be the cause of some Server 500 errors that I am getting (maybe not, but unless WHM reports PHP as correctly installed it is hard to look further)

I do have multiple WHM servers that I manage and this is the only one with this issue.

Any thoughts on how to fix this appreciated. Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thowden

thowden Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

Some extra info:

I have run /scripts/php_fpm_config --check and /scripts/php_fpm_config --rebuild and that all seems to report as ok

Under the Service Configuration -> Service Manager -> PHP-FPM shows as enabled.

Server has been rebooted (several times)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thowden

thowden Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi All

Note to self: read carefully before chasing ghosts.

The PHP-FPM installer review at the top of the MultiPHP manager is referring to 'alt-php56-php-fpm' and not 'ea-php56-php-fpm' which are same-same but different.

All the accounts are using the 'ea-' version and I expect I can safely uninstall the 'alt-' versions of php which will address the issue of the missing php-fpm installs.

Back to chasing other ghosts.

Tony

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Tony,

Internal case EA-7481 is now open to address the issue where the installation of Alt-PHP packages leads to a false notification in WHM >> MultiPHP Manager suggesting PHP-FPM packages for the Alt-PHP versions are available (they are not). I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Thank you.

cPanelLauren likes this.
  5. jwogrady

jwogrady Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Any updates? I appear to be getting the false notifications in version v74.0.6.

#5 jwogrady, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @jwogrady,

The case number was updated to CPANEL-21873 and development on the solution is now complete. It just needs to complete testing before it's published to version 74. I'll update this thread again as soon as it's published.

Thank you.