Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

In Progress [CPANEL-22101] Account list in Transfer Tool empty when migrating from Plesk

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by dstana, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:42 PM.

Tags:
  1. dstana

dstana Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a server currently running Plesk that needs to be migrated to another host. While I'm at it, I figured I might as well move it over to WHM. In the docs, the transfer tool is supposed to be compatible with Plesk.

As a test, I logged in via the transfer tool with root creds on one of my other servers. Login is successful, but it doesn't show any accounts.

Is there something else that needs to be done to make the accounts available for transfer?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @dstana,

No additional steps beyond entering the remote server's login credentials in WHM >> Transfer Tool should be required to fetch the list of accounts to migrate. Can you open a support ticket so that our Migrations team can take a closer look to see why the accounts from the Plesk server are not showing up? We document how to open the support ticket to our Migrations team at:

cPanel Migration Services and Guides - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

We're currently tracking an issue where WHM >> Transfer Tool fails to return a list of accounts when the source server uses Plesk version 17 and is missing the /root/.my.cnf file. The internal case number is CPANEL-22101. I'll monitor the case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, the temporary workaround is to generate the /root/.my.cnf file on the Plesk server and initiate the transfer again. Here's an example of how /root/.my.cnf should look:

Code:
    # cat /root/.my.cnf
    [client]
    user=root
    password=my-root-mysql-password
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Christos_To

Christos_To Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone, i just registered to submit the same issue, i will try with my.cnf :)

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Christos_To,

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.