SOLVED [CPANEL-22169] Pure-FTPd: Preserve disabled ForcePassiveIP when NAT is active

batesy87

Registered
Sep 11, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have followed the steps to setup Passive FTP for pure-ftpd How to Enable FTP Passive Mode - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

After running the setup script I notice this line

Updating FTP related RPMs
warn [build_ftp_conf] Invalid ForcePassiveIP setting, switching to default of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

However as per the guide my "local" file is setup as follows
root [~]# cd /var/cpanel/conf/pureftpd
root [/var/cpanel/conf/pureftpd]# cat local
ForcePassiveIP: ~
PassivePortRange: 49152 65534

It seems to error on the ~ and set the default IP address from /var/cpanel/conf/pureftpd/main

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Unless your server is NAT'd, simply comment out the ForcePassiveIP directive rather than trying to set it with the ~

# ForcePassiveIP: 192.168.0.1

PassivePortRange: 49152 65534

I know what the instructions say, but I've never ran ForcePassiveIP: ~ . If the box isn't NATd, I just keep that directive commented out.

Mike

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Internal case CPANEL-22169 is open to address an issue where configuring ForcePassiveIP using the instructions for NAT environments on this document doesn't work. I'll update this case again once the solution is published. In the meantime, workaround referenced in the previous post should help. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

To update, this was fixed in cPanel & WHM version 76:

Fixed case CPANEL-22169: Pure-FTPd: Preserve disabled ForcePassiveIP when NAT is active.

You can monitor the following page to see when version 76 reaches each release tier:

cPanel Release Highlights

Thank you.