Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED [CPANEL-22957] kcarectl reporting unknown patch type

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samet Chan, Dec 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Samet Chan

Samet Chan Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I never do anything on WHM/cPanel for 6 months ago.

WHM/cPanel auto-update is enabled.

I've received new kernel update needs to reboot our server on email. I've logged WHM and entered "You must reboot the server to apply software updates." after getting an error here,

(https://URL.com:2087/cpsessxxxxxxxx/scripts/graceful_reboot_landing?suggest=1)
    A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.
    Code:
    kcarectl --info reporting unknown patch type: free:1541776450
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/KernelCare.pm line 80.
        Cpanel::KernelCare::get_kernelcare_state() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/KernelCare/Suggest.pm line 65
        Cpanel::KernelCare::Suggest::get_suggestion() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 5204
        main::graceful_reboot_landing("graceful_reboot_landing") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 259
        Whostmgr::Dispatch::_do_call("graceful_reboot_landing", HASH(0x2e513c8), HASH(0x2e515a8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 157
        Whostmgr::Dispatch::dispatch("graceful_reboot_landing", 1, ARRAY(0x2e51440), HASH(0x2e515a8)) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 393

2. Samet Chan

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Nope, it won't let me reboot the server. I just updated for yum update command from SSH. I didn't do anything on SeLinux and never enabled.
    Updated then go to WHM in "You must reboot the server to apply software updates." Then getting the error message it is same here,

A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.
    Code:
    kcarectl --info reporting unknown patch type: free:1541776450
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/KernelCare.pm line 80.
        Cpanel::KernelCare::get_kernelcare_state() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/KernelCare/Suggest.pm line 65
        Cpanel::KernelCare::Suggest::get_suggestion() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 5204
        main::graceful_reboot_landing("graceful_reboot_landing") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 259
        Whostmgr::Dispatch::_do_call("graceful_reboot_landing", HASH(0x3930560), HASH(0x3930740)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 157
        Whostmgr::Dispatch::dispatch("graceful_reboot_landing", 1, ARRAY(0x39305d8), HASH(0x3930740)) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 393

This could have kernelcare free issue? Not a trial. It was free.

#2 Samet Chan, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Samet Chan,

I've moved this post to it's own thread, as it appears to be unrelated to the CentOS 7.6 upgrade thread.

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look at your system and see why those KernelCare warnings appear? You can post the ticket number here and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Samet Chan likes this.
  4. Samet Chan

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Created Support Ticket ID: 10896989

5. cPAusaf

cPAusaf Linux Technical Analyst III Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This issue relates to internal case CPANEL-22957, which our developers will make available in cPanel version 76.0.13 (likely going to EDGE tier soon).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelMichael and Samet Chan like this.