SOLVED [CPANEL-23030] cPanel WordPress says not up to date even when it is.

Nov 26, 2017
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello.
I frequently get email notice from my server cpanel that i have an old version of WordPress installed.
- WordPressX.0 v4.9.1
Latest: v4.9.4

But i have many times checked that i do have the latest 4.9.4 installed.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

It's possible this relates to internal case LC-7167, where notifications about out of date WordPress installations are sent, even when the updated version is already installed. I'll monitor the case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, the temporary workaround is to manually update the "version" entry to the updated version number in the user's corresponding YAML file. EX:

Code:
/home/username/.cpaddons/cPanel\:\:Blogs\:\:WordPressX.0.yaml
Let us know if that workaround helps.

Thank you.

ZeroGravityGraphics

Registered
Jun 8, 2018
United States
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,

It's possible this relates to internal case LC-7167, where notifications about out of date WordPress installations are sent, even when the updated version is already installed. I'll monitor the case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, the temporary workaround is to manually update the "version" entry to the updated version number in the user's corresponding YAML file. EX:

Code:
/home/username/.cpaddons/cPanel\:\:Blogs\:\:WordPressX.0.yaml
Let us know if that workaround helps.

Thank you.
Having the same problem and yes, your workaround solves the problem.
Any update to the fix of this bug?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Having the same problem and yes, your workaround solves the problem.
Any update to the fix of this bug?
Hello @ZeroGravityGraphics,

There's no update to report at this time. I'll continue to monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hi @mvandemar,

There's no update to report at this time, but I've linked this thread to the case and will respond back here as soon as new information is available.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
is there a way to unhook a copy of Wordpress from cpanel so it no longer checks the version?
Hello Michael,

If no other WordPress installations exist under the account, you could rename the WordPress YAML file to disconnect it from management through cPanel & WHM. EX:

Code:
mv "/home/username/.cpaddons/cPanel\:\:Blogs\:\:WordPressX.0.yaml" "/home/username/.cpaddons/cPanel\:\:Blogs\:\:WordPressX.0.yaml.disabled"
Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello Everyone,

The fix for this issue will come with cPanel & WHM version 82 as part of case CPANEL-23030. You can monitor releases.cpanel.net to see more information about version 82 once it's closer to public release.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!