Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED [CPANEL-23812] update_db_cache cron job failing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baronn, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. baronn

baronn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

whm/cpanelupdated during the night to v76.0.4 and now I am getting these cron emails from the system:

Code:
    Cpanel::Exception::Database::Error/(XID f5zcyk) The system received an error from the “MySQL” database “mysql”: 1053 (Server shutdown in progress)
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 200.
            Cpanel::DBI::_create_exception(Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::st=HASH(0x1fa7910), "DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Server shutdown in progress", undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 188
            Cpanel::DBI::_error_handler("DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Server shutdown in progress", Cpanel::DBI::Mysql::st=HASH(0x1fa7910), undef) called at bin/update_db_cache.pl line 336
            Script::Update::DB::Cache::can_get_mysql_usage(HASH(0x1f9fd20), HASH(0xde0168), Cpanel::DB::Map::Collection::Index=HASH(0x1fe48e0)) called at bin/update_db_cache.pl line 63

Script::Update::DB::Cache::script("Script::Update::DB::Cache") called at bin/update_db_cache.pl line 36
    Can anyone shed any light as to why I am getting there? I have tried /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp and forcing upgrade and fixrpmBUt still getting these cron emails.

The sites o this vpsare working fine. logs dont shpw anything. A bit stummped as to why all of a sudden after nightly upgrade these emails are now coming through!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @baronn,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look at the affected system? Let me know the ticket number once it's opened and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

3. baronn

baronn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Would love too BUT the account/support ticket login is not recognizing my login details and isnt even sending me a password reset reminder! trying to create a new account states that my email address already exists (which it should as I have used it for support in the past) SO stuck in limbo!!

I am getting yourforum replies no problems BUT the password reset isnt working :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 baronn, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. baronn

baronn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    finally after numerous pasword reset attempts etc i got the email to reset passowrd! wow what a confusing and arkward process that was.

In any case here is the ticket id: Your Support Request ID is: 10676311

5. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @baronn,

I'm glad to see you were able to get the ticket opened. To update, internal case CPANEL-23812 is open to address an issue where the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache cron job fails when the MySQL service restart (triggered by the /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqluserstore cron job) doesn't finish quickly enough. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, the following steps are available as a temporary workaround:

1. Login via SSH as root.
    2. Edit the root crontab using the "crontab -e" command. This will open the contents of the crontab file in the default system text editor.
    3. Modify the following line:

Code:
    30 */2 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqluserstore >/dev/null 2>&1
    To:

Code:
    25 */2 * * * /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqluserstore >/dev/null 2>&1
    4. Save the file and exit.

This will run the conflicting cron job at a different minute.

Thank you.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Everyone,

To update, this is fixed in cPanel & WHM version 76.0.7:

Fixed case CPANEL-23812: Adjust time of mysqluserstore cron to avoid conflicts with update_db_cache

You can learn more about our release tiers by clicking here and see which build is published to each release tier by clicking here.

Thank you.