Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED [CPANEL-24361] 500 Error when browsing to Invite and Reset Password URLs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xylin110, Dec 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. xylin110

xylin110 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When a user clicks on the Reset Password link on the webmail login page, it leads to an Internal Server Error 500. A Google search tells me it's a common error that could be from a number of things, but none of them applies to my situation. The error ID is 12c5bc4802c36.

I was first notified by a user today, but don't know how long this has been happening. The only thing I recall changing recently was some temp block settings in CSF, which doesn't seem to be related. What could be causing this?

2. AleksandarCT

AleksandarCT Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am experiencing the same error while changing password for cPanel account in cPanel. And I do not have CSF, also no changes were made recently to the server nor configuration.

3. macklus

macklus Active Member

Another one with that problem. It appears on more than 5 servers.

Looking on /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log, it shows:

Code:
    cpsrvd a34514436a06: _loadcpdata requires a username at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Auth.pm line 246.
            Cpanel::Server::Auth::_loadcpdata(Cpanel::Server::Auth=HASH(0x25ee1f8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Auth.pm line 236
            Cpanel::Server::Auth::get_main_domain(Cpanel::Server::Auth=HASH(0x25ee1f8)) called at cpsrvd.pl line 6708
            cpanel::cpsrvd::cgiHandler(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 1) called at cpsrvd.pl line 3881
            cpanel::cpsrvd::handlepassreset() called at cpsrvd.pl line 1618
            cpanel::cpsrvd::receive_and_process_incoming_http_request() called at cpsrvd.pl line 1162
            cpanel::cpsrvd::handle_one_connection(6) called at cpsrvd.pl line 990
            cpanel::cpsrvd::script() called at cpsrvd.pl line 338

[2018-12-13 16:07:10 +0100] info [cpaneld] Internal Server Error: "GET /resetpass?start=1 HTTP/1.1" 500 Error ID a34514436a06

4. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The changelog for 76.0.14 (In Current and Edge as I write this) contains:

Fixed case CPANEL-24361: Fix cPanel password resets.

If this case addresses what you are experiencing, I guess that cPanel know about it, and it will go to Release sometime in the next 7 days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelMichael likes this.
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Everyone,

This is fixed as part of internal case CPANEL-24361 in cPanel & WHM version 76.0.14:

Fixed case CPANEL-24361: Fix cPanel password resets.

You can learn more about our release tiers by clicking here and see which build is published to each release tier by clicking here.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...