In Progress [CPANEL-24418] Update KAM.cf to latest version

Tanner_W

Feb 2, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
@cPanel Support:

The KAM.cf ruleset that is included with cPanel is outdated and from 2017.

An updated ruleset can be found by KAM at the URLs:
- Removed -

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Tanner_W,

The KAM ruleset was last updated in cPanel & WHM version 74:

Implemented case CPANEL-20441: Adding new cf files for Spamassassin to improve performance.

This change includes the addition of the following configuration files to the KAM ruleset:

/usr/local/cpanel/etc/mail/spamassassin/deadweight.cf
/usr/local/cpanel/etc/mail/spamassassin/kam_heavyweights.cf

I'm happy to submit an internal request to update the /usr/local/cpanel/etc/mail/spamassassin/KAM.cf file that's included as part of cPanel & WHM. Could you provide some additional information about the specific rules or updates to this file that you deem impactful? This information will help with the request.

Thank you.

Tanner_W

Feb 2, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
One change of importance is that the URLs for attribution and further information are being deprecated as Kevin A McGrail (KAM) has announced his intentions to move the location of the list and information from his personal domain name over to his 501(c)3 foundation. He's updated the comments section and URLs throughout the file to point to the new location.

Besides the update to the legalese at the top, the update includes two minor fixes for advertisement-matching rules in the body content, as well as a new working set of developed rules for identifying unsolicited emails from a few specific big abusers.

I did a text diff comparison from the KAM.cf rules from 2017 and mid 2018.

Hope this helps.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi @Tanner_W,

I've created an internal case (CPANEL-24418) with Development to request an update of the KAM.cf ruleset. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Thank you.