Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

In Progress [CPANEL-25666] Redirect not showing in Domain's cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PeteS, Feb 11, 2019.

1. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I created a redirect to an outside domain for the main domain in a cPanel account, and it works.

The domain now shows the redirect in the Redirect panel, but it *does not* show it in the Domains panel. It says "Not Redirected."

Everything woks as expected but this is annoying to not show an active redirect in the Domains list.

What causes this?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    HI @PeteS

It should definitely show in the domains portion, I just tested this with an addon domain as well without issue. It could possibly be some sort of caching issue, can you try running the following and let me know if it resolves the issue?

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_global_cache

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ~]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_global_cache
    Building global cache for cpanel...Done

No change.

I can click on Manage the Domain, then Modify the Redirects and it shows it there.

This is the only account on the server where the main domain is redirected off server. All other redirects are a parked/add-on domain, or similar, and redirect to a local domain, and the all show up in Domains.

-Pete

4. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @PeteS

I believe I may have found a way to replicate this. It looks like redirects added to the primary domain don't show in the domains interface, at least from what I'm testing.

Here's what I did:

1. Went to cPanel>>Domains>>Redirects and added a redirect for my primary domain, and two subdomains
    2. Went to domains and checked all of them
    - Both subdomains redirects show
    - Primary domain redirect does not show

Does this match what you're experiencing as well? Can you also tell me what version of cPanel you're running?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing.

cPanel V76.0.20

6. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Correction - I see exactly what you are seeing, and I also see the following.

Fails:
    • an account with a parked domain; a redirect for "ALL" (302, no wildcard, match WWW) to another account's main domain; redirect doesn't show in domains
    • an account with a parked domain; a redirect (301, wildcard, no match WWW) to the main domain; redirect doesn't show in domains
    Works as expected:
    • an account with two parked domains; both are redirected individually (301, no wildcard, match WWW) to the main domain; does show in domains

Hope that helps find all the issues.

-Pete

7. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @PeteS

Thank you for confirming. I went ahead and opened an internal case on this for our development. CPANEL-25666 -> redirects for the primary domain are not showing in domains interface.

I'll test with the other scenarios as well. Thank you for that information!

I'll also update this thread with the progress of the internal case as it becomes available.

PeteS likes this.
  8. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

I'm not finding that I can replicate these. I added 2 redirects, on an alias domain one was a 301 and the other was a 302 neither of which were wildcard and both of which were redirected to another primary domain on the same server. While the primary domain on the account I was working with never showed the redirect the newly added ones did.

Thanks!

9. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well then we clearly haven't found all the components to the scenario. We definitely have at least one reproducible instance though.

In the case of those I reported that you can't reproduce, they have been in place for some time, and have gone through a server migration. So there could me multiple variables that I'm missing.

Does cPanel track these in a database, or by reading .htaccess, or a combination of both? I'm wondering if manual changes to .htaccess, or changes by other software, could mess it up - either showing redirects that aren't there, or not showing existing redirects.

How about if we see it the fix for the open case regenerates proper displaying of all, and if not I can remove and rebuilt those that are showing bad for me? (I don't want to mess with them now, until the patch comes out.)

Please post back when the fix is added, in case I miss it in the feed.

-Pete