Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

In Progress [CPANEL-26137] Exim Configuration False warnings when redirecting to default routers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Deion Yu, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Deion Yu

Deion Yu Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone,

Recently I had added a custom redirect router to the PREVIRTUALUSER section which redirects to the "virtual_user" router which comes with the exim.conf file by default. However, the Exim Configuration Manager Advanced Editor interface keeps on generating the following warning message:

Code:
    Warning! directive_matcher could not parse error: 2019-02-28 18:01:55 cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -bV -C /etc/exim.conf.test.work.1f698453
    2019-02-28 18:01:55 Exim configuration error:
      new_router "virtual_user" not found for "my_previrtualuser_router" router
    Both the Exim service and my custom redirect router are running and redirecting as expected despite the warning message. This leads me to believe that the warning message is being falsely generated due to the cPanel Exim validation routine not taking both my custom redirect router and the "virtual_user" router into account at the same time.

Am I right in thinking that the problem lies with the validation routine? If I am mistaken, then what would be the best approach to take to resolve this? If at all possible, I would like to avoid adding a duplicate custom router that mimic the "virtual_user" router.

Looking forward to hearing back and thank you for any help you can provide on this matter.

Code:
    /etc/redhat-release:CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
    /usr/local/cpanel/version:11.76.0.18
    /var/cpanel/envtype:kvm
    CPANEL=stable

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Deion Yu

Can you provide the exact custom router you added? I'd like to see if I can replicate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Deion Yu

Deion Yu Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @cPanelLauren

Here's the custom router that was added to the PREVIRTUALUSER section.

Code:
    magicspam_virtual_user_spam:
        driver = redirect
        domains = !$primary_hostname
        condition = ${if def:header_X-MagicSpam-Spam:{1}{0}}
        require_files = "+/etc/valiases/$domain:+/etc/magicspam/control/quarantine_local:+${extract{5}{::}{${lookup passwd{${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}{$value}}}}/mail/$domain/$local_part"
        headers_remove="x-uidl"
        data = "[email protected]$domain"
        redirect_router = virtual_user

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Deion Yu

Deion Yu Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @cPanelLauren

I'm actually a developer for MagicSpam and based on my testing the problem does not seem to be with MagicSpam in this particular case. As previously mentioned, the custom redirect router is working as expected. Running the buildeximconf and restartsrv_exim scripts from the command line yields no error messages or warnings. The issue seems to persist solely on the cPanel Exim Configuration Manager Advanced Editor interface as even when adding a bare minimum custom router like the following to the PREVIRTUALUSER section:

Code:
    custom_virtual_user_redirect:
        driver = redirect
        condition = yes
        data = "[email protected]$domain"
        redirect_router = virtual_user
    The interface still produces the warning message:

Code:
    Warning! directive_matcher could not parse error: 2019-03-06 21:00:19 cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -bV -C /etc/exim.conf.test.work.837fd569
    2019-03-06 21:00:19 Exim configuration error:
      new_router "virtual_user" not found for "custom_virtual_user_redirect" router
    Any help you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your continued support.

cPanelLauren likes this.
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Deion Yu,

I've reproduced the reported behavior and opened internal case CPANEL-26137 to report the issue. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information on it's status as it becomes available.

Thank you.

7. negrusti

negrusti Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there any update on this? Facing the same issue

8. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There's no update on the status of this case to report at this time, however I'll continue to monitor it and report back here as soon as new information is available.

In the meantime, you can safely ignore this warning message when this happens, as the custom change is saved despite the message.

Thank you.