Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

In Progress [CPANEL-26576] File upload feature in File Manager reports 100% progress too early

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by durangod, Mar 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. durangod

durangod Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I think it would be a good idea to add a small text comment to the file manager upload page to remind users to wait for the upload progress bar to turn green before the upload is available. I had a customer that told me the upload did not work but the problem is that he saw that it said 100% and expected it to be in the directory.

However the file does not show up in the directory until the bar turns green and depending on the speed of the server this change could take up to 30 seconds or so to happen after the bar shows 100%

So i believe a small user friendly text reminder should be added to that page which simply reads "Please wait for the progress bar to turn green before your file is available for use"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @durangod

I think that's a good suggestion! I'd recommend opening a feature request for it though, which you can do using the link in my signature. Once it's open please update this thread with the link so that others can vote on it as well.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. durangod

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    #3 durangod, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  4. durangod

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Voting is now open :)

5. cPanelAdamF

cPanelAdamF cPanel Product Owner Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Actually, I'd very much consider this a bug. cPanel's file manager should not characterize that the upload is 100% complete until it's well and truly 100% complete.

CPANEL case to look for in our changelog is CPANEL-26576

#5 cPanelAdamF, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    durangod and cPanelMichael like this.
  6. durangod

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you for the attention to this. :) I just assumed maybe it was reverifying the upload, doing a checksum on it, screening the file contents, or it was a natual gap between the server and the user side upload process. But at any rate thank you again for the attention to this. Well done!