Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

In Progress [CPANEL-27774] Force HTTPS option disabled and cannot be enabled

Discussion in 'Security' started by RonanRBR, May 30, 2019.

1. RonanRBR

RonanRBR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm trying enable the HTTPS redirect on cpanel -> Home -> Domain, but it's disabled with this message: "HTTPS Redirect is not available because your server is not configured to support it."
    How to can I configure my server to support this feature?

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check the domain your trying to force to use https already has an SSL/TLS certificate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RonanRBR

RonanRBR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, the domain has a valid certificate, generated by AutoSSL that is enabled, the certificate was issued by cPanel, and another domain has a certificate issued by another authority.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @RonanRBR,

Can you open a support ticket so we can look at your system to see why the FORCE HTTPS REDIRECT toggle in cPanel >> Domains is not available? You can post the ticket number here and we'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. yaashul

yaashul Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am facing the exact issue. Did anyone find any solution? (using whm/cpanel 80.0.15 with SSL certificate from AutoSSL)

6. RonanRBR

RonanRBR Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In my case I needed to open a ticket, my problem was a custom Apache configuration file. Then support applied a patch path to restore the default configuration file.
    Unfortunately, I think you need to open a support tcket, or try to manually restore the apache configuration files, but I do not recommend the second one.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Everyone,

Internal case CPANEL-27774 is open to address an issue where the specific reason why the Force HTTPS Redirect option is disabled in the cPanel UI. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information on it's status as it becomes available.

In the meantime, here's a look at the potential reasons the Force HTTPS Redirect option is disabled in the cPanel UI:

1. The ea-apache24-config-runtime version is lower than 1.0-140. Here's an example of how to check the version of this RPM:

Code:
    rpm -qa|grep ea-apache24-config-runtime
    If you're using a lower version, run the "yum update" command to ensure you are using the latest EA4 RPMs.

2. The Allow cPanel users to install SSL Hosts option is disabled under the System tab in WHM >> Tweak Settings.

3. Mod_Rewrite is not installed. Here's the command to use to confirm that Mod_Rewrite is installed:

Code:
    httpd -M|grep rewrite
    If it's installed, the command output should look like this:

Code:
    # httpd -M|grep rewrite
     rewrite_module (shared)
    4. Custom Apache templates are overriding the the vhost.default Apache template. You can read about how custom Apache templates are configured on the link below:

Custom Templates - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

8. samedwards

samedwards Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This seems pretty heavy-handed. As you mentioned, there's a known version of ea-apache24-config-runtime that contains the correct config to enable this functionality. There's already code that checks the last modified date on custom templates to send a notification if the default versions are updated... all this together seems like there's an easy solution here. Heck, the template could even be searched for the correct config. As an outside alternative, there could even be a feature flag file to touch to enable this feature when custom templates are present.

Can this request be folded in to this case, or should I open another one?

9. cPanelMichael

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @samedwards,

This feedback is more suitable for our feature request website. Here's the format we recommend using when creating a feature request to ensure your feedback gets as much visibility as possible and translates into actionable work:

Feel free to respond here with a link to the feature request upon approval, or let me know if you have any questions about how to format the request.

Thank you.