In Progress [CPANEL-27964] Reseller Shared IP not assigned after transfer

Khurram Shahzad

Registered
Feb 21, 2019
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I assign an IP on 1st server reseller account 192.168.1.1
before move account to new server transfer reseller account on first server assign same IP to as Shared Reseller IP, change reseller IP Main server IP to 192.168.1.1
then transfer remaining account to new server but new account created with server main IP.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @Khurram Shahzad

Dedicated IP's can be assigned at transfer time but the Reseller Shared IP change that you're wanting cannot be done with the transfer tool at this time. I'd suggest if you'd like to see this functionality you open a feature request, which you can do using the link in my signature.

Thanks!

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @Khurram Shahzad

After some further prodding and investigation/discussion on this matter I've gone ahead and opened a case for this issue CPANEL-27964 - Main Shared IP Address should not be assigned to a Reseller's accounts by the Transfer Tool when the Reseller has already been transferred and the Reseller has a Shared IP Address

As it turns out the way this function works when run as the root user is incorrect (it assigns IP's based on the creator rather than the owner of the account) I'll update here when there's any further information on this case to be shared.

Thanks!