Pending Publication [CPANEL-28763] There was an error while loading the zone

dannylank

Jul 31, 2019
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I have a similar problem when I create a new account it shows:

Code:
The zone "example.com" could not be parsed because of an error: There was an error while loading the zone for example.com. Please correct any errors in this zone manually and try again. The exact error from the parser was: expected valid serial, line 4: [@ 86400 IN SOA ns1.example.com. danny\.rivera\.s.gmail.com. (] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ZoneFile/Collection.pm line 56.
at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ZoneFile/Collection.pm line 56.
Cpanel::ZoneFile::Collection::create_zone_file_objs(HASH(0x1b4ac78)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/DNS/MX.pm line 345
Whostmgr::DNS::MX::_fetchmx_backend(HASH(0x38e44b0), "example.com.db", HASH(0x1b4ac78)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/DNS/MX.pm line 312
Whostmgr::DNS::MX::fetchmx_ref_nodetect("example.com.db", HASH(0x1b4ac78)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1819
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_perform_dns_mx_operations(HASH(0x2c82bd8), "; cPanel 82.0.6\x{a}; Zone file for example.com\x{a}\$TTL 14400\x{a}\@ "...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1923
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_setup_dns(HASH(0x2c82bd8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 405
eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 405
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct("bwlimit", 0, "featurelist", "default", "is_restore", 0, "domain", "example.com", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2962
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 3016
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 733
main::wwwacct("wwwacct") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 259
Whostmgr::Dispatch::_do_call("wwwacct", HASH(0x2813f28), HASH(0x2816d98)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 157
Whostmgr::Dispatch::dispatch("wwwacct", 1, ARRAY(0x2813eb0), HASH(0x2816d98)) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 261

Last edited by a moderator:

dannylank

Jul 31, 2019
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I have a similar problem when I try to create a a new account:
Code:
The zone "*mydomain*" could not be parsed because of an error: There was an error while loading the zone for *mydomain*.  Please correct any errors in this zone manually and try again.  The exact error from the parser was: expected valid serial, line 4: [@      86400    IN      SOA     ns1.*****. *myemail*.gmail.com. (] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ZoneFile/Collection.pm line 56.
at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ZoneFile/Collection.pm line 56.
    Cpanel::ZoneFile::Collection::create_zone_file_objs(HASH(0x1b4ac78)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/DNS/MX.pm line 345
    Whostmgr::DNS::MX::_fetchmx_backend(HASH(0x4395640), "*mydomain*.db", HASH(0x1b4ac78)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/DNS/MX.pm line 312
    Whostmgr::DNS::MX::fetchmx_ref_nodetect("*mydomain*.db", HASH(0x1b4ac78)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1819
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_perform_dns_mx_operations(HASH(0x36fbb60), "; cPanel 82.0.6\x{a}; Zone file for *mydomain*\x{a}\$TTL 14400\x{a}\@      8"...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1923
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_setup_dns(HASH(0x36fbb60)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 405
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 405
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct("bwlimit", 0, "spf", 1, "locale", "es", "is_restore", 0, ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2962
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount("language", "es", "bwlimit", "unlimited", "spf", 1, "domain", "*mydomain*", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 3016
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount("language", "es", "bwlimit", "unlimited", "spf", 1, "domain", "*mydomain*", ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 733
    main::wwwacct("wwwacct") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 259
    Whostmgr::Dispatch::_do_call("wwwacct", HASH(0x3315fb8), HASH(0x3318cf8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Dispatch.pm line 157
    Whostmgr::Dispatch::dispatch("wwwacct", 1, ARRAY(0x3315f40), HASH(0x3318cf8)) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 261

Last edited by a moderator:

dannylank

Jul 31, 2019
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello I have a problem creating a new accounts with the last cPanel update, the client can't edit DNS records because show this message:

The zone "*mydomain*" could not be parsed because of an error: There was an error while loading the zone for *mydomain*. Please correct any errors in this zone manually and try again. The exact error from the parser was: expected valid serial, line 4: [@ 86400 IN SOA ns1.*****. *myemail*.gmail.com. (]

And I can't view on WHM panel DNS records to fix it.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
My first assumption upon reading this is that instead of mydomain.tld in that SOA Line you have an @ symbol. I'd suggest modifying this by going to /var/named/mydomain.tld.db and editing the file, then run the following:

Bash:
/scripts/rebuilddnsconfig
once that's complete I'd try and open the zone file once more through the UI - if the issue persists can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @dannylank

We recently had a case opened for this behavior: CPANEL-28763 - More than one escaped character in SOA record causes error when creating new accounts and prevent Edit a DNS Zone from loading

The case is unresolved at this time but the current workaround is to change the contact email address, or manually edit the SOA on the command-line to remove the escaped periods.

We'll update this thread further as soon as the issue is resolved and in a RELEASE version of the product.

Thanks!