SOLVED [CPANEL-32712] Updating to MariaDB 10.3.23 on cPanel breaks the MySQL Databases interface

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
If this issue is not occurring on cPanel & WHM v88 why don't you provide us with this version? I am still running v86 and get no upgrade if I run upgrade to "latest" version. Do I need special privileges to get v88?
What? Please ensure that you're properly setting the tier you'd like to be in before you start down this path. We are most definitely offering this version - cPanel v88 is in CURRENT you need to set your tiers to reflect that in WHM as @Wallu just noted above.

Last edited:

zhongshan

Jan 17, 2008
The ONLY workarounds are noted in the thread.
Oh, OK.
I was getting crazy trying to see why my update preferences didn't show v88 in RELEASE as you published earlier. So it is CURRENT, not RELEASE.

Guys, if you don't want to go for v88 you can add the user manually and later replace it when the interface works again. Do the things like in 1998. Don't forget to flush privileges.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Oh, OK.
I was getting crazy trying to see why my update preferences didn't show v88 in RELEASE as you published earlier. So it is CURRENT, not RELEASE.

Guys, if you don't want to go for v88 you can add the user manually and later replace it when the interface works again. Do the things like in 1998. Don't forget to flush privileges.
That's absolutely my fault but I've fixed it now :)

While that might work right now, I wouldn't recommend adding things manually either to be completely honest. It may cause unintended issues with the database configuration later. Not saying you can't do it, just that you should be cautious and it'd be unsupported.

bejbi

PartnerNOC
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
We are waiting for fast resolve the issue - for now we had upgraded only couple of servers, but our chat online is burning ... :/

chalupa

Jul 15, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Glad to hear that there are plans to fix 86 as I've been awaiting customer to goto CentOS 8 that was slated for "early 2020" and Cent 6 being a blocker to get to 88 is really a burner for us. Hoping that Cent 8 is around the corner! :D People on Cent 6 are kinda left behind and it doesn't go EOL to end of the year.

sitespt

Jul 10, 2006
I can confirm downgrading mariadb from 10.3.23 to 10.3.22 resolves the issue

Code:
yum downgrade MariaDB-server MariaDB-common MariaDB-shared MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-devel
Downgrading MariaDB worked fine for me, thank you!

Anyone knows how to disable automatic MariaDB updates, if that's recommended?

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I was told by cPanel support to upgrade cPanel to v88. Now it's even worse. Softaculous won't even open.

It shows: Incorrect binary permission Child failed to make LIVEAPI connection to cPanel.

We can't manage existing installs from Softaculous now. Which means tons of scripts have no access for us or the customer.

At least before we could access the installs, we just couldn't add new ones.

NixTree

Aug 19, 2010
Gods Own Country
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I will suggest to downgrade mysql untill they fix the issue in the current stable release as it is not good to upgrade a production server to more issues like these. Please change the tier back and then do upcp once more and then better downgrade mysql

softaculous

Verifed Vendor
May 3, 2009
I was told by cPanel support to upgrade cPanel to v88. Now it's even worse. Softaculous won't even open.

It shows: Incorrect binary permission Child failed to make LIVEAPI connection to cPanel.

We can't manage existing installs from Softaculous now. Which means tons of scripts have no access for us or the customer.

At least before we could access the installs, we just couldn't add new ones.
Regarding the issue with Softaculous binary permission please try the following command and check if you still face the issue :
chown root:root /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/softaculous/bin/soft
chmod 4555 /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/softaculous/bin/soft

If you still face the issue please open a support ticket with us and we will check it asap.

Regards,
Brijesh Kothari
Project Manager
Softaculous

Jul 15, 2019
banglore
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hell guys

After update to v86.0.20 still iam issue with mysql database.

Code:
The MySQL server is currently offline.
Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID tyc4wb) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: 1044 (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' to database 'mysql') Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID tyc4wb) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: 1044 (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' to database 'mysql') at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql/Basic.pm line 391, <STDIN> line 1.
Please see attached error screenshot

Please provide some solution asap.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: