SOLVED [CPANEL-32712] Updating to MariaDB 10.3.23 on cPanel breaks the MySQL Databases interface

idcguardian

Registered
Apr 13, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Again with the same problems: Broken the cPanel Database.. How long is that?

Fix: yum downgrade MariaDB-server MariaDB-common MariaDB-shared MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-devel

Steini Petur

Apr 24, 2016
Iceland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Same here... but i wont downgrade , any updates of this broken the cPanel Database interface ??
I can confirm that the downgrading is 100% successrate on 9 nodes in our fleet, then /etc/cpupdate.conf turned RPMUP to manual until cPanel releases a patch. Already had 4 support tickets on this, couldn't just leave this for days. You should be fairly safe with going down a version.

dgprasetya

Registered
Nov 4, 2020
Yogyakarta
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can confirm that the downgrading is 100% successrate on 9 nodes in our fleet, then /etc/cpupdate.conf turned RPMUP to manual until cPanel releases a patch. Already had 4 support tickets on this, couldn't just leave this for days. You should be fairly safe with going down a version.
i think i don't need to downgrade,

cPanel has updated on their articles: Updating MariaDB to v10.2.35 or v10.3.26, causes MySQL Databases interface to show MySQL as offline.

just need time for this alter mysql , tonight maybe ...

Reactions: AzeDK

webmastergreg

Dec 19, 2010
Paris
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi
do you think this could be the cause of my issue with a script that I use ?
Since the November 4, now when I login in this particular website, the connexion takes forever and mysql process bump in full load, then process killed and sql server gone away.
But all my others site are completely ok.
and I'm with MDB 10.2.35 php7.4.11
(sorry if off topic)

Edit: Ok I think yes this is totally related, some users complain about version 10.2.35 see here: MariaDB 10.2.35 - Major performance issues - ZABBIX Forums
And this is my exact same case, but how can we roll back to 10.2.34, if only we could choose in WHM which version to use...so much simpler.

Last edited:

jonam_mafia

Registered
Nov 14, 2013
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Edit: Ok I think yes this is totally related, some users complain about version 10.2.35 see here: MariaDB 10.2.35 - Major performance issues - ZABBIX Forums
And this is my exact same case, but how can we roll back to 10.2.34, if only we could choose in WHM which version to use...so much simpler.
Use the following commands in CLI :

To downgrade:

yum downgrade MariaDB-server MariaDB-common MariaDB-shared MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-devel

Then lock the version using the below code :

yum install -y yum-plugin-versionlock && yum versionlock MariaDB-* && yum versionlock list

If you want to resume the mariadb upgrades then :

yum versionlock clear

Then run upcp to have the MariaDB packages updated:

/scripts/upcp

Reactions: webmastergreg