cPanel & WHM Version
v90.0.16

wintech2003

PartnerNOC
Sep 15, 2010
Greece
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I've been following this thread and I am scared on page 2, im staying right where I am in 10.3.25 until this is much more solid.

I am not running any alteration scripts that fix this and that but not this because this is an issue from them.

We're running a company and we have multiple nodes and we can't have any screw ups so I will follow this thread until cpanel issues a real patch to the problem, not a quick hotfix autoscript for just the interface.

I am very much fine at 10.3.25, works wonders all around.
Just keep in mind that 10.3.25 is vulnerable to [MDEV-23569] temporary tables can overwrite existing files - Jira
So depending on the type of customers and access they have on your server, you should either wait until MariaDB launches the new versions to the major branch paths (it shouldn't take long since the rpms are already live), or follow my instructions above In Progress - CPANEL-34745 - MariaDB 10.3.26-1 Breaks PHP < 7.2 to install it right away.

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The problem has been solved, I have not downgraded MariaDB, I have always kept the version 10.3.26-MariaDB, I have waited for the autofixer.
I use CLOUDLINUX 7.9 and cPanel v90.0.16
The problem has been solved automatically with the autofixer.
Thank you @cPanelSamA
I did the same thing and have the same problem.

WHM/cPanel 90.0.16
CloudLinux 7.9
MariaDB 10.3.26

Anybody can tell me how execute this "autofixer"?.

@MindServer - for your situation it would be best to stay downgraded to avoid further issues with the system until there is a more official fix.
Why have here a people that says "the problem is solved" and another people says "the problem still not solved by cPanel"?. The last cPanel version not have the fix, I updated all.

Please @cPRex, contact cPanel developers team and get real and reliable information. We need know if this problem is solved in the last cPanel's version or need execute any autofixer and how do this.

We cannot update and downgrade 10 times because in this forum have inconsistent information. You can see that with last updates (WHM/cPanel, CloudLinux, MariaDB) have the same problem: img

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@MindServer - the autofixer is only for the cPanel interface problem. You're experiencing the PHP conflict, which isn't officially resolved. You could try the workaround that @wintech2003 posted, that is not something we've tested on our side as we are currently just recommending the downgrade.
But I don't know how can happens this, because we are using PHP 7.4 en all cPanel accounts. We not have any other PHP version enabled.

I will disable all updates and wait until cPanel solve him. Please, notify us here when you release a real and 100% reliable fix for all these problems

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

wintech2003

PartnerNOC
Sep 15, 2010
Greece
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
we are using PHP 7.4 en all cPanel accounts. We not have any other PHP version enabled.
Are your scripts using PDO to connect to MySQL? [MDEV-24121] Recent MariaDB update appears to have introduced a DB connection issue for PHP < 7.3 (or anything using PDO) - Jira
From the title "Recent MariaDB update appears to have introduced a DB connection issue for PHP < 7.3 (or anything using PDO)" I understand that if you're using PDO, then PHP version doesn't matter.

Also, keep in mind that this is not a cPanel issue, it was caused by MariaDB and affects everyone regardless of control panel (it would affect you even if you didn't use a control panel at all, but just a plain LAMP stack).

Last edited:
Reactions: cPRex

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Are your scripts using PDO to connect to MySQL? [MDEV-24121] Recent MariaDB update appears to have introduced a DB connection issue for PHP < 7.3 (or anything using PDO) - Jira
From the title "Recent MariaDB update appears to have introduced a DB connection issue for PHP < 7.3 (or anything using PDO)" I understand that if you're using PDO, then PHP version doesn't matter.

Also, keep in mind that this is not a cPanel issue, it was caused by MariaDB and affects everyone regardless of control panel (it would affect you even if you didn't use a control panel at all, but just a plain LAMP stack).
We only have web sites with WordPress in this servers, we not use any other CMS or script.

I not applied this changes: Updating MariaDB to v10.2.35 or v10.3.26, causes MySQL Databases interface to show MySQL as offline.

Maybe this is the problem?. I waited until cPanel solve him and yesterday I updated all: "yum update" and "/scripts/upcp --force".

But still had the problem and I did the MariaDB downgrade again. Have a nice day.

wintech2003

PartnerNOC
Sep 15, 2010
Greece
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
MindServer WordPress doesn't use PDO out of the box, so if you're having issues with "Malformed communication packet" errors while using PHP 7.4 on MariaDB v10.3.26 (or 10.2.35) then it might be something else and I would recommend you to open a ticket with cPanel support.

filoucp

Aug 28, 2005
In my case ( PDO with PHP7.2 and the Malformed communication packet error ) ,
It seems the problem only affects the PDO::query function.
So rewriting the affected queries with PDO::prepare / PDOStatement::execute do work correctly in my scripts.
I know it's not really a good workaround for most, but still better than downgrade or upgrade PHP version in my case.

Reactions: cPRex

Steini Petur

Apr 24, 2016
Iceland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This is a temporary fix to upgrade to 10.3.27, until MariaDB pushes 10.3.27 into the 10.3 repo. Use at your own risk.

Open file /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB103.repo with an editor and change:
Code:
baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.3/centos7-amd64
to
Code:
baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.3.27/centos7-amd64
in order to force yum to update from the v10.3.27 path.

Then run yum upgrade to upgrade to 10.3.27
This version fixes both the issue with PHP < 7.2 scripts, as well as the vulnerability reported by Rack911.

In some servers I still had to run /scripts/autorepair fix_mariadb_show_grants_roles to fix the MySQL UI error.

Finally restart MySQL with /scripts/restartsrv_mysql
Actually this might be what I can look at, this seems straight forward and so this fixes both the UI and PHP issues, did you run into any issue in any of your nodes (assuming you have many to apply this too)

SigmaWeb

PartnerNOC
Sep 26, 2006
Athens - Greece
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The previous mariadb update (10.3.26) has created problems with some magento installations where mysqld process, produces high CPU load (this doesn't happen with 10.3.25). I was hopping that the new release 10.3.27 will fix this, but unfortunately I see that problem still exists.

Does anyone else face this magento - mysqld high CPU load?

voip

Apr 8, 2004
MariaDB has released updates to resolve the issue case MDEV-24121:

Versions: 10.3.27, 10.2.36
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-10327-release-notes/
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-10236-release-notes/

If packages are locked for MariaDB clear the lock:
yum versionlock clear

Otherwise, proceed with the updates for MariaDB:
yum upgrade MariaDB-*

Or you can run cPanel update:
/scripts/upcp --force

Reactions: wintech2003

wintech2003

PartnerNOC
Sep 15, 2010
Greece
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Actually this might be what I can look at, this seems straight forward and so this fixes both the UI and PHP issues, did you run into any issue in any of your nodes (assuming you have many to apply this too)
Nope, no issues at all with that workaround to install 10.2.36 / 10.3.27 although it might be obsolete now since MariaDB released the packages in their main repos: Emergency Release of MariaDB 10.5.8, 10.4.17, 10.3.27, and 10.2.36 is now available - MariaDB.org

wintech2003

PartnerNOC
Sep 15, 2010
Greece
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
The previous mariadb update (10.3.26) has created problems with some magento installations where mysqld process, produces high CPU load (this doesn't happen with 10.3.25). I was hopping that the new release 10.3.27 will fix this, but unfortunately I see that problem still exists.

Does anyone else face this magento - mysqld high CPU load?
We've had a few servers with abnormally high RAM usage after upgrading from 10.3.25 -> 10.3.26, but it's stable again with 10.3.27
I believe it was related to [MDEV-24117] Memory management problem in statistics state for queries that have a large field IN (values) part - Jira