SOLVED CPANEL-35873 - cPanel Analytics forced on?

Operating System & Version
cloudlinux 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version

dataforge

Aug 9, 2016
NC, USA
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Today, when I logged into whm, a popup came up Feature Showcase. Recommended features to turn on was cPanel Analytics and email Delivery for suspended accounts.
I clicked Disable for cPanel Analytics and Accept and queue messages for the email delivery. Clicked Save Settings
Another window popped up Updated Features Summary, and it lists cPanel Analytics as Enabled.

If i go into WHM settings, and find the cpanel analytics setting, it appears off there.

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Well sure enough, I'm seeing the same thing, although it does correctly choose the "disabled" option on the server side so this just appears to be an interface bug with the feature showcase page.

I've opened case CPANEL-35873 with our developers so they can look into that and I'll be sure to post an update here once I get more details.

cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Great bug report, dataforge. I apologize about the confusion in that modal. I can confirm that your preference here is indeed saved correctly, the modal just doesn't get to find out about the preference you've picked. We may resolve this by simply picking a less confusing way of saying that your setting has been saved...and then providing an iteration that does indeed reflect your picks in the modal.

Reactions: dataforge and cPRex