centos 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version

ElviCities

Aug 9, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Good day.
As of today, when going to PhpMyAdmin on any account or through WHM, I receive the error "Token Mismatch". I have googled the error, tried suggested fixes, even reinstalled phpmyadmin - but yet whenever I attempt to do ANYTHING in phpmyadmin I receive the above error and it has become useless.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

kodeslogic

Apr 26, 2020
IN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Are you facing the issue for all cPanel account or just one specific account? If this is for the one specific cPanel account then make sure the cPanel username contains alphabets or alphameric characters only no special characters or dot (.) in the cPanel username.

ElviCities

Aug 9, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Version 94. I've done a temporary workaround by modifying the code after I tried everything else I could think of. I recall reports in the past as well. Such as /tmp being full, or directory permissions/etc. None of that applied, unfortunately to this instance. Will hope this is just a minor issue that will get resolved in a future update.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What code modification did you make to allow that to work?

i did just check my personal 94 system and a test machine and those are both working how I would expect. Is there anything coming up in the /usr/local/cpanel/logsl/error_log file that might be related to this behavior?

ElviCities

Aug 9, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Oddly, no errors are being logged. The modification involved temporarily removing a bit of code that directly involves the "token error". However, I publicly don't want to disclose it as it may lead to other problems (if you know what I mean).
It is definitely a case of "WTF". Have been hosting for over 20 years and never had an issue like this pop up.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Islandhosting - since this thread was originally opened we have discovered case CPANEL-36082, which causes the token issues when PHPMyAdmin and cpanel are configured to listen over IPv6 connections. You can find more details on this here:

and if you are signed in to our support system you can follow along with that case to receive updates, but I'll be sure to post details here as well.

PeteS

Jun 8, 2017
Oregon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This is holding me up as well. I just ran into it today. I hope it is resolved soon!

From cPRex's support link above: "...you could use the server's IP address instead of a domain if you do not want to disable IPV6 support." This worked for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: cPRex