In Progress CPANEL-36246 - Bug in MultiPHP Manager

uk01

Well-Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
220
29
78
There seems to be a bug in the new MultiPHP manager within WHM.
If you view an account normally it'll show PHP-FPM as on for example.

If you enter the same domain in the search bar and view it that way, it shows PHP-FPM as off and you then turn it on thinking it's off. Make a change to the settings.... you have to enter it in the search bar again (doh!) and it's off again.

I only realised by accident this was a bug as when it shows as off, if you look in Cpanel it's on. Or if you look without searching, it's on!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
9,686
1,511
313
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I confirmed this behavior and filed case CPANEL-36246 with our developers so they can look into that issue. If you're signed in to our ticket system you can follow along with updates on that case here:


but I'll also keep this thread updated as I get more details.
 

kdean

Well-Known Member
Oct 19, 2012
382
69
78
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So I was just reading the support thread on this since it's still broken and it appears that cPanel decided to just not fix it. Seems filtering a list shouldn't be that difficult. When you have a lot of domains, search/filter is rather important. I do find that if one searches with the starting letters of the domain it's more reliable, rather than searching for a word within a domain name.
 

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
9,686
1,511
313
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I checked into this again just now and I'm no longer able to reproduce the problem with the old steps I used. Here is the method of testing I used:
  • Create a server with at least one cPanel account, and ensure that domain is using PHP-FPM
  • Go to WHM >> MultiPHP Manager and select the "User Domain Settings" tab
  • Ensure that PHP-FPM is enabled on the right side of the page.
  • In the "Search for domain or user" box, search for the username of the test user
Previously, the PHP-FPM options didn't display, but I am seeing those now.

Is there a different testing method I need to use to reproduce the issue? Could you also let me know what version of cPanel you're working with?
 

kdean

Well-Known Member
Oct 19, 2012
382
69
78
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm running 98.0.9.

I have over 300 domains and sub-domains on the server so it presents a lot of opportunities to see incorrect data. Currently the vast majority of the results should show PHP-FPM as enabled, however as I type letter by letter into the search as expected the result list will keep updating but throughout each update I see numerous domains that should show enabled, showing as disabled instead. The further odd thing is it isn't even consistent. I can clear and retype the same search letters in and the enabled/disabled indicators will follow a different pattern where domains now indicate the opposite of what they just did before. Even if the matched set of results doesn't change, typing additional matched letters can cause the indicators to toggle. There's just no reliability to the indicators in the searched results.

Maybe the results are getting influenced by no longer shown non-matched domains if the bug stems from the quantity of initial possible domains. So, a clean server with a few domains may not have the problem if that plays into it. I suggest adding a few domains and some sub-domains to see if anything presents itself oddly.

If I page through all 17 pages of the full list, they all look correct.

Someone really needs to trace through each step of the code for this to see where the output is going awry.