cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
cPanel 7.1.0-EDGE2 is marked as RC1 for a -RELEASE version of cPanel 7. Bearing no major problems with this EDGE build, a RELEASE build will be out very shortly.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Curious Too

Aug 31, 2001
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I upgraded to the latest Edge version:

WHM 7.0.5
Cpanel 7.1.0-E2
RedHat 7.3

None of the applications that use MySQL can connect to the database. The MySQL server is running.

After trying to install OSCommerce this error is returned:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/jamie/public_html/os/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

A PostNuke installation that was running without errors now returns this message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/jamie/public_html/nuke/pnadodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 170
mysql://jamie_phpbb:mad:localhost/jamie_nuke failed to connectAccess denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO)

Invisionboard and phpBB return "cannot connect to the database" errors.

MySQL applications that were installed and running before this upgrade can no longer connect to the database.

I tried changing the root password but that didn't help.

Last edited:

carlgm

Mar 25, 2003
England, UK
Try setting a MySQL password. :)

Also, check your my.cnf file.

Curious Too

Aug 31, 2001
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Originally posted by carlgm
Try setting a MySQL password. :)

Also, check your my.cnf file.

I did that. Something went wrong during the upgrade because the server crashed and had to be completely restored.